Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

snow leopard UI too bright and nonsaturated

in comparision to the old Leopard the UI of Snow Leopard is way too bright and nonsaturated. I tried several calibration tunings (hardware-calibrated EIZO monitor) with no success. is there any possibility to get the much better look from Leopard in Snow Leopard?

Posted on May 7, 2012 3:16 PM

9 replies

May 7, 2012 8:51 PM in response to lalelu-media

1. Go to: System Preferences / Universal Access Seeing and in the Display: section be sure that Enhance contrast: is set to Normal.

User uploaded file

2. Go to: System Preferences / Displays / Color and uncheck the box Show profiles for this display only, then try choosing a different Display Profile (like RGB or sRGB) instead of the iMac Profile.

User uploaded file

If that doesn't help, click the Calibrate... button and try calibrating something more to your liking with help from > ColorSync for Mac OSX

May 8, 2012 9:53 AM in response to Kurt Lang

i have an EIZO CG241W. i did hardware-kalibration with basiccolor and colornavigator: same same...

meanwhile i have given up and downgraded to Leopard again, because of 2 other bugs in Snow Leopard:

1. malfunktion of the F1...F19-keys

2. strange error on trying to copy stuff from a data-DVD to the internal HD (back in Leopard: no prob!)

Thank you for your responses anyway!

May 9, 2012 7:03 AM in response to den.thed

Then again, perhaps you have just succumbed to SL's mono chrome gray ugliness that the rest of us did a little more than two years ago.

Haha! Most people would probably hate my desktop. I do color and retouching for a living, so my monitor profile is set to the printing industry color balance of a 5000K white point and 1.8 gamma; which matches the industry standard color viewing booths. But mainly, everything is gray so there is no surround color to throw off your perception of color of the images you're working on.

I mean, how boring it this? 🙂

User uploaded file

snow leopard UI too bright and nonsaturated

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.