Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do i obtain the compilers for Code Blocks? (OSX Lion)

I dont know how formiliar any of you guys are with code blocks, a C++ coding program. I have down loaded the 10.05 version of Code Blocks on my machine, and when ever i try to "build and compile" nothing happens.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on May 7, 2012 4:40 PM

11 replies

May 7, 2012 8:12 PM in response to DaddyMac89

DaddyMac89 wrote:

Oh. i just need some thing to create, build and run C/C++ files, with out having to search high and low for a GCC compiler

Just download Xcode then.

However, Apple has deprecated the GCC compiler. I think it still ships with version 4.2, but any new development shoudl use Clang instead. Imagine GCC but with really good error messages.

May 8, 2012 1:14 PM in response to Mark Szymczyk

Mark Szymczyk wrote:

If you don't want to install GCC without downloading Xcode, take a look at Kenneth Reitz's GCC installer for Mac OS X.

os-x-gcc-installer

That's a cool project. But the author actually suggests downloading Apple's Command Line tools instead: http://www.kennethreitz.com/xcode-gcc-and-homebrew.html

Apparently, you can install only the command line tools and not the rest of Xcode. I didn't know you could do that. I've got the full Xcode. I left a suggestion on the web site that he build a package for the latest version of GCC instead.

How do i obtain the compilers for Code Blocks? (OSX Lion)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.