Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iWeb on New MacBook Pro?

I just bought a Macbook Pro a few days ago and I can't find iWeb. My old Mac had it. Do the new ones not?

MacBook Pro

Posted on May 7, 2012 6:28 PM

14 replies

May 16, 2012 10:43 AM in response to Zorojazz

Did the Macbook come with Lion pre-installed or did you upgrade to Lion later? Do you have the system install disks that came with the Macbook? If you do it probably has an install package for installing the bundled software, which will include iWeb. It will look something like one of these:

User uploaded file

You can launch that installer package and do a custom install of just iWeb.

Copying iWeb as Wyodor mentioned is an easier and quicker way but if you have those disks you'll always be able to reinstall iWeb anytime.

OT

May 16, 2012 11:04 AM in response to Old Toad

hey guys I appreciate all your feedback. I bought the MacBook with Lion in it. So I do not have any discs. I used spotlight to search for iweb and then in the app folder too and nothing.

Thankfulluy I found a backup in my old leopard MacBook which I still keep around and which had the website and Iweb.

Talk about greed, Apple. You give it away for free and on a later version you take it back and try to charge for it.

I guess that's rotten capitalism for ya.

Once again I thank you all for your help, sorry for the bother.

Zorojazz

p.s: @Wyodor: How do I -or is it possible to- copy the Iweb from Leopard into my new Lion Macbook?

iWeb on New MacBook Pro?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.