Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I need help with bootcamp!

I recently bought Paragon Camptune X so I could increase the size of my Bootcamp partition. Come to find out that it froze in the middle of the process so I had to close the program. Now it says I don't have a boot camp partition. I don't know if maybe it put it on an image file on my hard drive somewhere or what. But, I really need help because everything from my old windows computer was on there!!

Bootcamp-OTHER

Posted on May 7, 2012 7:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 8, 2012 8:14 PM

Well, have you tried asking Paragon as they are the one's that may have buggered the HD? If there is an image file then they would be the ones that know where it is.😉 If it screwed up the partition then the Mac/Windows may not see it anymore.

If you can still see the Windows HD while booted in the Mac OS you should be able to drag the important files to a Thumb drive or your HD.

You might even try the Microsoft forums to see how to restore the partition, there are a bunch of commands you can do to check things out.

And of course you are going to at least back up the Mac side before you do any more experimenting, right?🙂

Sorry I can't help out more.........

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 8, 2012 8:14 PM in response to Crutchfield81

Well, have you tried asking Paragon as they are the one's that may have buggered the HD? If there is an image file then they would be the ones that know where it is.😉 If it screwed up the partition then the Mac/Windows may not see it anymore.

If you can still see the Windows HD while booted in the Mac OS you should be able to drag the important files to a Thumb drive or your HD.

You might even try the Microsoft forums to see how to restore the partition, there are a bunch of commands you can do to check things out.

And of course you are going to at least back up the Mac side before you do any more experimenting, right?🙂

Sorry I can't help out more.........

May 10, 2012 7:41 PM in response to Crutchfield81

Don't forget you can re-install over the old one kinda like you can with a Mac. Maybe that would reinitiate the boot sequence? Nothing to loose at least eh?

You would have to go to Microsoft's site to learn how to do it exactly but I've read you can do it and it will save or restore most of your old files. Unless of course if you want to resize the partition at the same time, then I guess it's a moot point?😉

I need help with bootcamp!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.