Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Edited photo when shared reverts to original

So I thought I'd give iPhoto a shot to use instead of Instagram and the likes since I've never used them and didn't want to use instagram now since FB owns your pictures once uploaded. Anywho, I edited the photo to my liking, I clicked on share and no matter which choice I select, it sends out the original (Twitter, FB, email, etc..) Anybody know why it does that? From everyting I've read when I edit and share it should send the edited one, or at least the one in front of me when I click share. Most recent iPhoto on iPhone 4.

Posted on May 7, 2012 8:56 PM

4 replies

May 8, 2012 10:56 AM in response to citricacid12

So, all I do is start up iPhoto. I select a picture from my camera roll, I then select effects and add... lets just say a vintage one. I now looks "vintage" and how I want it, I then select share. At this point, no matter what I choose (email, facebook, twitter, etc.) it always shares the original and not the vintage one. Is there a way that I have to "apply" the effect other than choosing it? I even say "add to camera roll" for the edited one, and it just duplicates the original.

Edited photo when shared reverts to original

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.