Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problems with widening an iweb template page

Hi

Can anyone offer me some advice please.

I have been using iweb's layered paper template for my website and it works fine however I have one page I wish to make wider than the standard default settings and this is causing a problem. When I use inspector to widen the page I get an odd change - the original page stays the same but a sharp cornered column in the same colour appears just to the right side of the original page and it is this which widens not the original page as I would like.

Is there any way round this problem?

Many thanks

Jawad

Mac Pro, core i7

Posted on May 8, 2012 3:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 8, 2012 11:38 AM

That's a problem using most of the themes in iWeb. Possible the solution that Cyclosaurus posted in this topic will help: How to Change Content Width and...: Apple Support Communities or his post in this topic: iWeb header does not retain its altered...: Apple Support Communities

OT

7 replies

May 8, 2012 11:48 PM in response to Cyclosaurus

Thanks to OT & Cyclosaurus for your advice.

I spent all night fiddling around with the page and have it working now to a reasonable degree.

I tried pasting the code by Cyclosaurus but it made no difference to the page width. What were the dimensions set in that code Cyclosaurus and can they be edited?

Best wishes to you both.

Jawad

May 10, 2012 6:32 AM in response to Cyclosaurus

Hi Cyclosaurus

I know it wouldn't appear in iweb but when I upload the pages it doesn't look any wider in the browser.

I inserted the code into an html snippet as you suggested and then added a second snippet for the object I wanted to insert on the page (for which I need the page to be wider). That didn't work. So I tried putting your code followed by the object html code into the same html snippet box but that made no difference either.

Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong?

Jawad

May 11, 2012 1:21 AM in response to Cyclosaurus

Thanks Cyclosaurus for your time.

I can see your page looks perfect and would suit my needs exactly. My page with the code doesn't work. I published the page & then uploaded it to my site using cyberduck, then viewed my site using safari and ie but no joy. I must be doing something wrong somewhere.

If I try to build a page from scratch to make it wider do you know the colour settings I need to apply, its so difficult judging by eye, and also any ideas how I can get the edges of the page to look curved as in the original layered paper template?

Jawad

Problems with widening an iweb template page

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.