Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Necessary size for Aperture vault drive

My Aperture Library is 1.6 TB. My vault is on a 2 TB drive. It's been awhile ⚠ since I updated the vault, so it is only about 1 TB. Nothing else is on that drive besides the vault. I just tried to update the vault, and got an error message telling me the drive wasn't big enough to update the vault. How much bigger than the Library does the vault drive need to be? How are people with big libraries dealing with this? Thanks.

I am using 3.2.3

macbook pro and quad core mac pro, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on May 8, 2012 3:40 AM

1 reply

Feb 28, 2015 9:07 AM in response to photoboydc

This may solve the confusion. I had a similar problem and it has to do with how aperture treats changes to preview sizes. It DOES NOT automatically change all the existing previews to the new specified size. When you change the preview size it just says "Oh OK so you want me to use that size from THIS POINT IN TIME.." To change existing preview sizes you need to select which masters you want to change and then force aperture to regenerate to the new size.. This article explains how..

Aperture: Previews do not update after changing Limit Preview Size Preference - Apple Support

I hope this helps a lot of people as I was looking for an answer for days on this too...

Necessary size for Aperture vault drive

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.