Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Have a seemingly unknown problem when trying to transfer apps...

Well, not unknown, but after the half an hour of searching on google, all the fixes do not work for me.

Let me just say this now, I am not familiar with any Apple products, and this iPod ( I presume iPod touch, cause I can well... Touch it ) was given to me by someone.

I seem to have this problem where my apps crash, and I seem to have found a solution to that, BUT, there's another problem that's stopping me from fixing my first problem. Great.

When trying to transfer from my apps from my iPod to my iTunes, it says I am not authorized, but I am. I was told to delete " SC info " but it just keeps reappearing everytime I click something in iTunes. By now I have about 6 of those **** SC info things in my recycle bin...

iPod touch, Windows 7

Posted on May 8, 2012 4:29 AM

6 replies

May 8, 2012 5:04 AM in response to Hishotodo

If it is the first time ever you sync the iPod Touch with your iTunes, iTunes will indeed return the un-authorized message.

You would need to enter the Apple ID and password for the account the iPod Touch is used with and enter it upon "Transfer of purchases" operation in order for the apps to transfer from your iPod to your iTunes library.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1848

May 8, 2012 12:10 PM in response to roonieMoe

I've already synced the iPod, that isn't my problem.

My problem is trying to get purchases from the iPod into iTunes. I am already authorized, as it says when I press

"Authorize this computer ."

My problem is that, when I press transfer, it rejects that process because it think I am unauthorized. But, I am. This problem has been seen before, and has been fixed for a majority( Or all that have submitted the problem ). This fix includes deleting the folder called " SC info " in your iTunes folder, which should not be there.

My problem, is that when I DO delete the SC info folder, it comes right back once I click a button on iTunes, and no matter how many times I delete it, it keeps coming back.

May 9, 2012 11:18 PM in response to Hishotodo

Deleting the file is only a preliminary step to letting a new one be created properly. You problems may arise if the permissions for that folder, or its parent, are not correctly set. I suspect SYSTEM and All Users need full access rights to C:\ProgramData\Apple Computer\iTunes

Right-click on C:\ProgramData\Apple Computer\iTunes and click Properties, then go to the Security tab and click Advanced. If necessary grant your account and SYSTEM full control of this folder, subfolders and files, then tick the option to replace permissions on child objects which will repair permissions. This is the XP dialog but Windows 7 shouldn't be too different.

If it won't let you change the permissions use the Owner tab to take ownneship from an account with administror privileges.

User uploaded file

tt2

Have a seemingly unknown problem when trying to transfer apps...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.