Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to "unhide" apps?

I hid an app by mistake that I need. How do I unhide it?

iPad (3rd generation) Wi-Fi

Posted on May 8, 2012 6:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 27, 2017 3:53 AM

Hi Downersgrove. You cannot hide apps on your iPhone. You can delete them, or move them to folders, but you can't hide them.

First, try using search to see if the app is still on your phone.

Second, go to the Purchased section of the app store, and see if you can download it from there. If it's one of the iOS built-in apps, like Mail, you need to search the app store for it. Use "Apple Mail" and it should be the first search result.

Finally, if you have actually hidden the app in the app store, see this link: Re: How to "unhide" apps?.

If you tell me the name of the app, I could be more specific.

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 27, 2017 3:53 AM in response to Downersgrove

Hi Downersgrove. You cannot hide apps on your iPhone. You can delete them, or move them to folders, but you can't hide them.

First, try using search to see if the app is still on your phone.

Second, go to the Purchased section of the app store, and see if you can download it from there. If it's one of the iOS built-in apps, like Mail, you need to search the app store for it. Use "Apple Mail" and it should be the first search result.

Finally, if you have actually hidden the app in the app store, see this link: Re: How to "unhide" apps?.

If you tell me the name of the app, I could be more specific.

Sep 26, 2017 3:00 AM in response to whitehml

The App Store display is different on IOS 11. I cannot find a relationship to this solution. ANY HELP? The Apple News app that is supplied with the IOS. Disappeared with the 11 update, and though ir appears as a cloud download, it never shows up on the desktop, an will not open from the download screen. It does show up in my purchased apps.

May 8, 2012 7:03 AM in response to whitehml

You can't hide apps. You can put them in folders or restrict some of the default apps.

If you moved the app into a folder, open the folder, tap on the app until it starts to shake, then drag it out of the folder and let go.

If you restricted the app, go to Settings/General/Restrictions to disable the restriction again. After that the app will appear on your screen.

May 8, 2012 7:14 AM in response to whitehml

@Ingo2711.... I think the OP is talking about hidden apps in the purchased list.

Go to the App store. Tap on the featured tab. Sipe down to the bottom of the screen. Your ID is in the lower left corner. Tap on your ID. Tap View Apple ID. Enter your password.

In the window that pops up, go down to the Account pane, or whatever it says in there and there is a place where it says Unhide Purchases. Tap that to Unhide your app.

How to "unhide" apps?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.