Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Remote App won't find library

Hi,

I can't seem to make the Remote app to work.

Just a little bit of information.

- It works on my brother's laptop, and we are using the same internet connection. The difference is, perhaps, that he's using wireless and I'm wired, but that's the second thing. I've used the Remote app on my computer a long time ago. Since then I've bought a new harddrive, so I've reinstalled windows. And I am running Windows Xp, a very old computer, but it worked at the time and all. I have SP3 installed as well, as are all functions that go with iTunes regularly.

- Homesharing won't work. The code thing will partly work if I turn of the firewall that I'm running, but that in itself is odd because iTunes is included in it's list of programs not to block. And my brother is using the same anti-virus so that's odd too. However, once I do insert the code in itunes, the Remote app doesn't seem to be able to find it. And homesharing still don't activate. Here's a picture.

http://i48.tinypic.com/5wfp1x.png

The right is my brother's library, which is currently turned of, and the left is mine, nameless, thus it always searches for it, but never finds it.

I've searched the net, but I can't find the problem. I never had this problem on this computer before, so after my reinstall, I guess there's an error somewhere or a program missing.

iPhone 4S, iOS 5.1

Posted on May 8, 2012 6:49 AM

There are no replies.

Remote App won't find library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.