Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HOW MANY DEVICES CAN YOU PAIR VIA BLUETOOTH TO IPHONE

As the title states, how many? One, two, more? If so can they be used simultaneuosly? For example pairing it to my aftermarket car stereo for music streaming, while also pairing to the factory bluetooth for phone calls.

iPhone 4, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on May 8, 2012 6:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 8, 2012 8:12 AM

The bluetooth specification allows up to seven devices to connect, but it's not straightforward, as it is dependent on the type of device and the service profile it provides. For example, you can have a bluetooth keyboard, mouse, and headset connected at the same time, and an A2DP (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile) device to stream music, but you can't have two devices that performing the same service profile connected at the same time.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bluetooth

-rb

25 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 8, 2012 8:12 AM in response to rickfromharleysville

The bluetooth specification allows up to seven devices to connect, but it's not straightforward, as it is dependent on the type of device and the service profile it provides. For example, you can have a bluetooth keyboard, mouse, and headset connected at the same time, and an A2DP (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile) device to stream music, but you can't have two devices that performing the same service profile connected at the same time.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bluetooth

-rb

Oct 5, 2012 6:48 PM in response to Lawrence Finch

I have a question specific to your Zomm.. I'm thinking of getting one for my husband, he has BT in the truck he uses with his iPhone 4, I've read reviews about the zomm creating problems in the vehicle, phone can't be connected to zomm & vehicles BT hands free at the same time. So the zomm alarm goes off until the BT is reconnected? What's your experiences with the zomm? Looks to be a handy gadget, but if it interferes with the trucks hands free I'm not sure he'd like it very much.

Would love to hear your opinion on the iPhone, hands free bt in a vehicle, & zomm combination..

Melissa

Oct 6, 2012 12:37 AM in response to metoe22

The Zomm includes a hands-free speaker/microphone, so if the truck has one also there is a question of priority if both are connected and a call comes in. The one that you answer first will take priority, but the one that was most recently connected will ring, which usually means the Zomm. I found this to be annoying, so I turn off the Zomm when I'm in my car. Note that the Zomm ringing is not the same as the Zomm alarm; they sound quite different. The Alarm only sounds if the Zomm loses its connection to the phone.

If your husband spends a lot of time in the truck he will probably find the Zomm annoying also.

Dec 13, 2012 9:38 AM in response to rickfromharleysville

I have found that you can pair two devices to the iPhone. I pair my iPhone 5 (as well as my previous iPhone 4) to both my Pioneer head unit in my car for music streaming and the built in GM Bluetooth hands free for phone calls at the same time. I do this because the GM system allows voice dailing where as the Pioneer head unit requires you to use the touch screenn to dial. Everything works as long as I intitate and end the call with the GM system.

HOW MANY DEVICES CAN YOU PAIR VIA BLUETOOTH TO IPHONE

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.