Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ios 5.1.1 upgrade breaks mail

Upgraded to 5.1.1 on my 4S and iPad 2 and now find my mail connection to my hosted exchange account takes about 5 minutes to check mail or fails to check at all. Just keeps "checking for mail". Yes I have killed the app, rebooted the devices and synced. Exhibiting same behaviour on both devices. Hosted exchange account with Godaddy.

Posted on May 8, 2012 7:00 AM

13 replies

May 8, 2012 7:26 AM in response to anyhelp

I have upgraded my iPhone 4S, my husband's iPhone 4, my iPad 2 and my husband's iPad 3 to 5.1.1 and so far the mail app in all of them is working as usual.

Perhaps you should check that all the mail settings are as they should be, or it could be a problem with Godaddy. Deleting the account and setting it up again could possibly correct the issue.

May 8, 2012 6:16 PM in response to anyhelp

I am also having this problem with my exchange. I can't sync mail, contacts, or calendar. I've deleted the account, re-installed it, reset network settings, done a full shut down of iPhone (home key and off button) and nothing works!! My gmail is syncing everything fine though. I'd love some advice--can't find any info about how to resolve this!

May 10, 2012 3:12 PM in response to anyhelp

I have the same error message on my Iphone4. Been like this since the installation of the update two days ago. Very peeved at this point that Apple has not addressed this. It tells me my Comcast username and password is incorrect. The settings are the same exact way as before the update. I've deleted the account, synced the phone, re-did the account and still, same error messages.

Email works fine via Comcast.net site, however, no luck on the Iphone. I now know why people call it "crapple".

May 27, 2012 12:02 AM in response to anyhelp

Shame on me...i upgraded today my iPad 3 and 4S to 5.1.1 and like you my Gmail Box configured as Exchange for Push, is completely broken :|

I can't read my calendars, can't update my contact list and also my email are not downloaded.

This is completely ridicuolous because i also tried to remove the account and restore the devices...nothing worked 😟

ios 5.1.1 upgrade breaks mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.