Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Songs by some artists simply freeze after a time, then flip to the next track where the same thing happens again

Many iPod forums refer to this problem but I've yet to see an answer!

With tracks from some artists (yes, it afftects whole albums by specific artists), every track will freeze at the same point. There's then a pause whilst the iPod does who-knows-what and it will progress to the next track only for the same thing to happen again.

Sometimes it's with tracks ripped from CD (and so can be restored) and on others it with iTunes downloads. Is it possible to re-download material that one has paid for before because it's corrupted?

The iPod is a 5th generation. The OS is Windows 7.

I have 2 iPods of the same style and the problem can be reproduced on both, so I don't think that it's an iPod hardware issue.

Playing the tracks via iTunes does not produce the problem.

Any thoughts?? There must be a simple answer to this.

iPod classic, Windows 7

Posted on May 8, 2012 9:09 AM

3 replies

May 9, 2012 7:16 AM in response to HarveyGardens

Is it possible to re-download material that one has paid for before because it's corrupted?

See here: Downloading past purchases from the App Store, iBookstore, and iTunes Store

The fact that it is happening on 2 iPods of the same style, may indicate a compatibility issue with the track or some of it's specs.

Troubleshooting songs that skip on iPod

It may help to do a Get Info on the problem tracks in iTunes and look at the information on the track's Summary tab and see if anything there looks unusual compared to tracks that do play okay on the device.

B-rock

Songs by some artists simply freeze after a time, then flip to the next track where the same thing happens again

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.