Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Profile Manager Push Notifications not Working.

Hi -

I have been trying to set up Profile manager for a few weeks now. I finally got it installed and almost working. I am now able to install devices and connect them to the profile manager server. When I try to push a wipe or lock or any other command the device does not recieve the command either on the network or outside the network. I have tired with a MAC Book and iPad both seem to have issues recieveing push notification. Any ideas what needs to be changed.

Thanks.

Posted on May 8, 2012 10:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 8, 2012 11:26 AM

Do you have the APNS ports accessible on the server?

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1629

I have these open on TCP only 5223,2195,2196,1640

When viewing the Profile Manager interface can you see the information about the devices that are enrolled?

Whenever I add a new device to Profile Manager, I login and add a placeholder under devices and type in the name and serial number of the device and then go to the device and download the trust certificates and enroll the device. Refresh Profile Manager and the device will show up in that placeholder with all the information about it (battery percent, OS version, etc)

12 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 8, 2012 11:26 AM in response to itechsolutions

Do you have the APNS ports accessible on the server?

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1629

I have these open on TCP only 5223,2195,2196,1640

When viewing the Profile Manager interface can you see the information about the devices that are enrolled?

Whenever I add a new device to Profile Manager, I login and add a placeholder under devices and type in the name and serial number of the device and then go to the device and download the trust certificates and enroll the device. Refresh Profile Manager and the device will show up in that placeholder with all the information about it (battery percent, OS version, etc)

May 8, 2012 2:04 PM in response to itechsolutions

Can you double check on the iPad under Settings -> General -> Profiles.

There should be a Trust Profile and it should say Verified when you click on it.

And then Remote Management should say Verified as well.

On our iPads/iPhones there is Settings for Device and then Settings for User in the same area.

If that all looks good I would take a look at network settings.

Profile Manager Push Notifications not Working.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.