Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I remove autorun.exe (W32/SillyFDC-DU | Trojan.Win32.Agent.aec)?

Apparently my mac is holding a Windows Trojan. It probably got on my mac through a USB device when uploading things to desktop.

The file itself hasn't been touched since 2006...pretty darn old usb/trojan.

I have both Kaspersky Anti-Virus and Sophos (installed after Kaspersky was unable to disenfect) which apparently quarantined the file but can not be deleted.

The file autorun.exe is hidden in a folder RECYCLER in the desktop. I've used the Terminal to show the file. I've checked its info and it's already unlocked and privilege is Read & Write.

Whenever I throw the whole folder into the trash and attempt to empty, I receive error message "The operation can’t be completed because you don’t have permission to access some of the items."

If I drag the file seperate from folder into the trash, I receive the prompt to enter my security question (was never prompted this for any other file). After entering password, it makes the sound that something went it. The Trash however is empty, and the file remains in the RECYCLER folder in the desktop.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to remove?

Would a usb do the trick?

Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on May 8, 2012 11:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 8, 2012 11:51 AM

If you can't empty the Trash or move a file to the Trash...

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1526

Try renaming the file - just use a few random letters. The / or | character might be preventing its deletion.

The folder itself may have inappropriate permissions also.

2 replies

How do I remove autorun.exe (W32/SillyFDC-DU | Trojan.Win32.Agent.aec)?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.