Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

OS X Lion Mail change font of incoming messages?

I'm setting up a new mac for a family member who has a bit of a problem viewing the incoming font for new messages, though everything else on the mac is fine with its current resolution and settings, its just they would like to change the Messages Font to size 18.

This is not for composing, or the message list view, but the actual Email itself.

Any ideas?

thank you!

Posted on May 8, 2012 11:45 AM

5 replies

May 8, 2012 12:04 PM in response to Max Stanley

You can set that in the Fonts & Colors part of Mail Preferences, under Messages. Incoming and Outgoing messages get that (default) font choice. The font of an outgoing message can then be adjusted as needed using the Font panel which is available at the top of a composition window.

charlie

May 8, 2012 12:19 PM in response to Max Stanley

On my machine it adjusts the font for the text in the body of the message, at least for the several I experimented with.

I can imagine, however, that certain messages (e.g., HTML email) might force a non-default font.

In any case, you can adjust the font size of any message with command= and command- . Or you can add a font-sizing button to the toolbar via "Customize toolbar..." in the View menu.

charlie

OS X Lion Mail change font of incoming messages?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.