Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sequence settings FCP

What would be the best sequence settings in FCP for footage shot at 720 60fps and 1080 60fps.

I have mixed footage, shot with 2 different cameras and settings..i usually use DV NTSC but I am using a Panasonic GH2 and imported the footage using iMovis and a panasonic HVX 200. I chose Apple intermediate Codec in my settings.

I am able I belleive and on testing this seems to work, 720 and 1080 footage...also I was testing using 1080 24 fps and that also is able to run in my sequence...will I have any problems when I output to DVD.

o

sAs i was testing a new camera and was not sure of my settings I have screwed it up regarding all footage matching, BUT image looks stunnng and I would like to be able to use all I shot, so any advise about seq. settings and overall info on mixing different image quality...a 24fps clip runs in a 60 fps seq, which i thought couldn't happen??

I'm just learning all this so need straitening out....on the settings for sequences mostly and the odd codec.

thanks Cath

Posted on May 8, 2012 2:32 PM

1 reply

May 8, 2012 4:09 PM in response to DBLewis

Why did you use iMovie to import? The Panny GH2 and HVX work just fine with FCP.

What you would typically do with mixed format footage is convert everything to a common format beforehand using Compressor - i.e. convert whatever you have less of to what you have most of. Although in this case you have to consider that it's easier on the eye reducing the 1080 to 720 than blowing up the 720. And of course the delivery format has to considered too.

In any case, ProRes LT would be the ideal editing editing format. You then tell FCP to match the Sequence settings to the source footage.

Sequence settings FCP

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.