Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Invites accepted on iPhone become unaccepted in Outlook and vice versa.

This is getting really frustrating. We have a user here with an iPhone 4 running 5.1.1. It's connected to our Exchange 2010 SP2 Server, and he also uses Outlook 2011 for Mac.

Whenever he accepts a meeting on his iPhone, that meeting will become unaccepted in Outlook.

Whenever he accepts a meeting in Outlook, it becomes unaccepted on the iPhone.

It's a neverending cycle! Double-accepting on the iPhone doesn't help either.

I've tried re-creating his profile in Outlook and on the iPhone, emptied the calendar cache, I've restored his iPhone numerous times, the list goes on, nothing seems to work.

Please help me! I need a solution!

Thanks 🙂

Posted on May 8, 2012 2:33 PM

5 replies

May 9, 2012 2:37 PM in response to MatthewMarsh

Yeah, using OWA to accept is just a pain. When you're working with your email on both Outlook and iPhone, the last thing you want to do is to sign in to OWA to accept an invite.

I did, however, find a solution yesterday that has worked!

The issue seems to be related to Exchange automatically marking the invite as tentative before it is accepted/denied by the user.

I'm using Exchange 2010 so through OWA, if you click Options --> See All Options --> Settings --> Calendar.

Under "Automatic Processing", UNTICK "Automatically place new meeting requests on my calendar, marked Tentative"

Worked like a charm. Now, invites accepted on either device are synced corretcly.

Invites accepted on iPhone become unaccepted in Outlook and vice versa.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.