Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iTunes won't recognize the 64-bit environment.

My new computer runs a 64-bit Windows 7 Ultimate. My new iPad won't sync because it thinks I don't have an iTunes64 installation (I've removed and reinstalled it several times). Now the iTunes update will not run because it says it isn't a 64-bit application.

I spent several hours with an Apple tech, but didn't fix the problem. I can't sync my iPad OR upgrade iTunes.

Posted on May 8, 2012 2:45 PM

2 replies

May 8, 2012 4:28 PM in response to ireilasa

My new computer runs a 64-bit Windows 7 Ultimate.

Doublechecking ... by any chance did you migrate a 32-bit version of the iTunes, Apple Mobile Device Support and Bonjour programs to the new laptop from a 32-bit machine using the PC Mover utility?

(Your symptoms are consistent with that ... the installer service throws the message when trying to uninstall the 32-bit itunes and related 32-bit componentry prior to installing the new 64-bit versions.)

My iTunes won't recognize the 64-bit environment.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.