Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Xsan prompting for password for add, delete, move, etc

Over the past couple of months we've experienced some issues with access to our SAN. Users are being prompted for passwords, or they get errors stating that the SAN volume is in a read-only state and can't write the the SAN. I've spent the better portion of this day trying to troubleshoot it, but at a loss. We are running Server 10.7.3 and Client 10.7.3. There is not much in the way of logs, but did just stumble across this when trying to move a file into a directory:

5/8/12 3:17:46.675 PM Xsan Admin: ERROR: SecKeychainItemCopyContent (0x0 0x0) error -25293

I've tried to reset, change POSIX permissions, and remove ACLs and reapply ACLs. Change ownership of POSIX through terminal to on group back to another. We still continue to see the issue of prompting for authentication. I need help! Thanks for any wisdom, thoughts, or opinions.

P.s. I found this similar thread, and tried that, but no luck. http://www.xsanity.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=15433

Posted on May 8, 2012 2:52 PM

1 reply

Xsan prompting for password for add, delete, move, etc

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.