Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

page breaks printing on business cards

I am using a business card template that has the page breaks in the margins ONLY, and then when I copy/paste or fn/option drag components it inserts a 0.05 thick grey line in all areas where the cards would seperate and prints them, I can cross over them backwards and highlight them but cant seem to be able to turn them off, I am using the inspector but not finding the element they are

Frustrated!

Mlgdave

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7)

Posted on May 8, 2012 4:39 PM

3 replies

May 9, 2012 11:59 AM in response to mlgdave

Dave

Those borders are grouped and locked (indicated by little crosses in the corners):

click on them > Menu > Arrange > Unlock/Ungroup

They are not necessary as they only mark the trim of the cards and there are already trim marks for those. There are also guidelines which are visible when you turn the rulers on.

There appears to be an error in the artwork. The trim marks should be 100% CMYK overwise they will not appear on all plates, and will make registration on a commercial press difficult.

I would also adjust the resolution of the gold graphic and the logo, both are massively oversize and only need to be 300dpi at final size.

Peter

page breaks printing on business cards

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.