Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I re-download SD version that I bough HD version

Bought an HD movie from ATV 1G. It downloaded only 1080p version due to the change of downloading policy... Can't play this on my PC for some reason. How do I download SD version of this contents. I went to the puchased in my itunes but can't even choose SD contents. Should I buy SD again?

Posted on May 8, 2012 6:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 8, 2012 7:28 PM

Read this:

iTunes: Purchasing and viewing HD videos

13 replies

May 9, 2012 1:52 PM in response to Wooky

For future reference... anyone who is having the same issue... this wasn't intuitive for me to figure out. If u buy any HD contents, u should have access 2 or 3 differnent version of contents -- SD and HD (720p & 1080p). iTunes decides which version should be downloaded into your device based on how you set it up (go to pref in iTunes and set it up which HD version you prefer). For ATV2, u can set it to 1080p but any older version, u might want 720p... but still sometime u need to download all these versions for some reasons. The go to the purchase section in iTunes and u can alway find all the versions there.

For SD (this was the tricky park), once u select TV or movies go to the right bottom where there is check box... says download HD when available.... chec that off, u should see all the titles changing to SD.... this way, u can download specific version u would like to put it in your various devices. Might be obvisou to some folks but certainly it wasn't to me. Hope this helps to anyone.

May 13, 2012 8:39 AM in response to Wooky

"For SD (this was the tricky park), once u select TV or movies go to the right bottom where there is check box... says download HD when available.... chec that off, u should see all the titles changing to SD.... this way, u can download specific version u would like to put it in your various devices. Might be obvisou to some folks but certainly it wasn't to me. Hope this helps to anyone."

I cant seem to find this check box that you speak of.

granted it might be because my itunes is old. (10.6.1) and its being run on an old verion of OSX (10.5.8 it cant go any higher)

either way. my itunes is downloading the HD versions of shows and has stopped downloading the SD versions. everything i've read hasnt worked.

How do I re-download SD version that I bough HD version

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.