Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Related Article: Apple security releases

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I report a bug on the iPhone?

When logging to iTunes to download updates I am presented with an appleid that is not correct. If I cancel after trying to use the incorrect Id the login screen finally displays the correct appleid. How can I get the correct applied to appear on the initial login screen?

iPhone 4S, iOS 5.1

Posted on May 8, 2012 6:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 8, 2012 6:36 PM

Apps are permanently tied to the Apple ID used to purchase them, and all future updates will require you to enter the password associated with this ID, whether you are currently using this ID for purchases or not. This can't be changed. The Apple ID you are seeing must be the one used to originally purchase the app. The only way to stop the prompt for this ID is to delete these apps from your phone and your iTunes library and repurchase them using your current ID.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 8, 2012 6:36 PM in response to Srheffernanii

Apps are permanently tied to the Apple ID used to purchase them, and all future updates will require you to enter the password associated with this ID, whether you are currently using this ID for purchases or not. This can't be changed. The Apple ID you are seeing must be the one used to originally purchase the app. The only way to stop the prompt for this ID is to delete these apps from your phone and your iTunes library and repurchase them using your current ID.

How do I report a bug on the iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.