Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

RAW support for Olympus OMD EM5

Outfitting for a year long back pack trip. My MacBook Pro is going. Am in processof purchasing an Olympus OMD EM5 micro 4/3 camera for the trip. I use Aperture for photo processing. Any idea when or if Aperture will add support for developing the RAW shots from the EM5?

thnx

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on May 8, 2012 6:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 9, 2012 5:01 AM

Sorry, we are only users like you and no clairvoyants. Apple has been very fast recently to add raw support for new cameras, but who knows.

Use the Aperture main menu bar to send feedback to Apple:

Aperture->Provide Aperture Feedback

Regards

Léonie

7 replies

May 9, 2012 12:18 PM in response to expat42451

You are welcome, Expat.

Let's keep the fingers crossed that the raw support will soon be available for your camera.

It might be useful to shoot raw+jpeg while you are waiting Import both, jpeg as master); you can process the raw later, when the support will be available.

Hope things in Germany are well.

We are having a beautiful spring! Thank you.

Cheers

Léonie

May 10, 2012 6:28 AM in response to expat42451

The usual interim approach for raw support has been to use Adobe's DNG converter to create DNGs that Aperture could read. This has always worked with the esception of non-Bayer sensors like the Foveon in Sigma cameras. But I can't get Aperure to read DNGs created from my E-M5's ORFs using DNG Converter v6.7 and have no idea where the problem lies.

It's taken Apple months to support Olympus cameras in the past, so I'm not optimistic.

—Andreas

May 24, 2012 6:46 AM in response to expat42451

It was added in the latest Camera Raw update. That was a lot quicker than I thought it would take.

About Digital Camera RAW Compatibility Update 3.13

This update adds RAW image compatibility for the following cameras to Aperture 3 and iPhoto '11:

• Canon EOS-1D X
  • Nikon D800E
  • Nikon D3200
  • Olympus OM-D E-M5
  • Panasonic LUMIX DMC-GF5
  • Sony Alpha SLT-A57

RAW support for Olympus OMD EM5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.