Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Final Cut Express 4 and Sony DCR-TRV330E

Hi,

I would really appreciate some help with the following problem.

Computer: iMac

Specs: Mac OS X 10.6.8 Snow Leopard

Processor 3.2 GHz Intel Core i3

Memory: 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

Camcorder: SONY DCR-TRV330E

Programs: FCE 4.1 and iMovie 09

PROBLEM:

I am digitizing my old Hi8 tapes. The Sony converts the content of the tapes and I connect the camera to the iMac using the correct Firewire.

This setup worked well until yesterday but now I cannot capture the footage any longer. I think the problem started when I used the play/rewind, etc., buttons at the bottom of the Capture window in FCE. Before that I was only using the physical controls on the camera itself.

Now, whenever I try to capture footage I get a black window saying 'Waiting for Timecode'. The camera isn't a digital camera per se but is a hybrid so I don't think there is Timecode information provided when I try to capture footage. My camera is in VTR mode. I then press 'esc' to abort but the same thing keeps happening.

I have tried altering the settings in Easy Setup but nothing seems to work. I have a feeling that if I could open the Capture window without the camera controls at the bottom it would work again. But can this be done?

iMovie recognizes the camera but does not import the 'footage' (it is all garbled).

I would really appreciate any help that anyone could provide.

Thanks.

G.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on May 9, 2012 2:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 9, 2012 3:33 AM

Use the DV Converter option in the Easy Setups, either PAL or NTSC whatever your camera is.

Start a NEW Project and try again.

Al

2 replies

Final Cut Express 4 and Sony DCR-TRV330E

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.