Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Iphone 4 32gb black can't find any wifi network

Hello,

Me and my friends are traveling aborad now. My iphone's wifi was working even yesterday. but from today my iphone can't find any wifi from the same network i was using in this hotel yesterday. My friend got the same iphone 4 and his wifi is working properly. i did reset my network seetings, updated to IOS 5.1.1 and restored my Iphone but result is still the same.It can't find any wifi. Can anyone help please?

iPhone 4, iOS 5.1

Posted on May 9, 2012 3:50 AM

13 replies

Sep 1, 2012 3:47 PM in response to Andy.

If you have done everything already but your wifi still doesn't work. The best way is to report this problem to Apple and get your case number. Then call them, tell them your case number, you follow what they ask for: Serial number, last 4 digit of IMEI, .... Finally they will give you an Apple repair number, go to UPS store that they tell you to go to, tell UPS your repair number then UPS will send your phone to Apple for inspection, and repairing. Hope this would help you :-)

PS. I know the feeling when our Apple devices have problem! We simply get mad 😢

Sep 13, 2012 12:39 PM in response to Shuvroz

I just did this and it worked great:

Reload your network as an OTHER network. It will have you ask for the network name and WIFI password again. From here you should be able to bounce right back.

My GUESS is that the original settings of your previouly loaded WIFI network settings were somehow changed, either on their own or on accident. Either way, doing this worked for me about 10 minutes ago. Ill let you know if it dumps again.

Jan 5, 2014 6:12 PM in response to Shuvroz

The freezer really works people!!

My 4S couldnt detect any networks today.

With little time i found the freezer idea on the forums, i thought it was BS to be honest.

But i tried the whole airplane mode and network reset and nothing worked so i tried the freezer.

Ziploc bag and left it in the freezer for 30 mins with 20% battery life. When I pulled it out it was dead so hooked it up to the charger, waited for the chagre and no success on the wifi. So yah i thought BS.

So then I followed all the other apple care steps such as backing up the phone, erasing the phone. But even when the phone was erased it couldnt detect any networks. So i restored the phone from itunes and still no wifi.

Then I read a key note on the forums about the freezing.

They said turn the wifi off and cool for 10-15 mins

So iphone being charged now after the back up and restore i tried the freezer again.

15 mins in ziploc bag with wifi off and full battery and behold!

I finally detected networks again!!

Good Luck!

My Iphone 4 32gb black can't find any wifi network

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.