Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

WDS Setup Unsuccessful

I have an AirPort Extreme and AirPort Express. The Extreme is acting as a bridge with my ISP router. The ISP Router is only using the Ethernet ports, Wireless Disabled. The Extreme has been sharing the wireless network for weeks and working great. I setup my Express to connect to the Extreme and share Audio and Printer. Works Great! I read about WDS to setup the Express Ethernet Port as an LAN. It explained you need to setup the Extreme for WDS main and the Express and WDS Remote. I have completed the setup. Both on same wireless network, same channel, same wireless network password and I added the Apple ID of each device to each other. This should extend the wireless range of the Extreme and share the Audio, USB Print / HDD, and Ethernet Port as LAN.

The Extreme has an error that the WDS cannot find other Apple Device. The Express has an error that it is looking for an Ethernet connection, wireless network is not secured and it may not have Internet access? I know these are supposed to connect wireless so I must be doing something wrong. Any help is much appreciated. I read the Apple Support Instructions but there must be a setting or small detail I am missing.

Thanks! 🙂

AirPort-OTHER, Windows XP, AirPort Extreme + Express WDS setup

Posted on May 9, 2012 5:15 AM

There are no replies.

WDS Setup Unsuccessful

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.