Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wordpress blogs and Safari

This isn't new, but I've reached the point of sufficient frustration to post something here.

The blogging framework at Wordpress.com seems to be as good as useless in Safari (5.1.5), on both my iMac and the latest version on my iPad. On the iPad I have the Wordpress blogging app, which works fine, but I share the iPad with my wife and cannot always use it when I want to post a blog.

Searching the web, I seem to find quite a bit of rather inconclusive correspondence about incompatibilities between Safari and Wordpress. This, usually seems to end in suggestions to use a different web browser. Also seem to be lots of recommendations to delete cookies, cache contents etc, generally to no effect.

Today, my iMac is running really well, yet it simply will not open my Wordpress blog, not any other Wordpress blog I want to read. I even blew the dust off my Windows laptop and tried with that, using Internet Explorer. It loaded them just fine. Every experiment I have tried points to a major incompatibility between Safari and Wordpress.

Neither Wordpress nor Apple seem to be owning up to this.

Anyone solved this issue?

Thanks.

Tom

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on May 9, 2012 9:02 AM

7 replies

Aug 19, 2012 12:18 PM in response to zk16

I got some improvement after getting rid of cookies from Safari. However, things seems reasonable at present. Still slower to refresh etc than I'd like. The recent WordPress updates to their iPad software has made using that a far more attractive prospect, particularly as I have a separate keyboard for the iPad.

Oct 6, 2012 5:24 PM in response to Tomp2

I have become increasingly frustrated with Safari and WordPress. It seems to have started with my new Lion OS (10.8.2). I have been running my blog for over 3 years and haven't had this problem until recently. I now try to use Firefox for blog work, which works fine, but Safari is the browser I have all my history with so it's irritating. Accessing the blog via Safari on the iPad is even worse. I do have the Wordpress app, but have not really familiarised myself with it. I should try, clearly.

Sep 27, 2013 7:22 PM in response to Tomp2

Issue with Safari 5.1.10 on my Mac 10.6.8: Since yesterday all my WP sites are dead, WP Login failed. Safari tells me: "Safari can’t open the page “http://gamewidgets.onemac.net/” because the server where this page is located isn’t responding."

Cleared Cache, checked all sort of files...No luck !

FTP with ForkLift get funny, works perfectly with FileZilla !

ALL perfectly working in Firefox and Chrome with NO issues at all(Display, Login...) - I'm totally confused !!!

Oi, Apple you screw it !

Update: My host(onemac.net) now complitly failed working in Safari - AGAIN with Firefox and Chrome with NO issues at all - Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaarghhhhhhhhhhhh

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp

Wordpress blogs and Safari

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.