Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes says I did not pay up...

User uploaded file

I payed for this song after I downloaded. I used an Amex Per-Paid Credit Card and it showed up on the site that it was paid for. Now, I cannot download even free items on my Devices. Nor can I select None under Payment Method under Edit Payment Options. I know I paid for the song. It has been doing this a lot. For the CC, it says that the security code is not right. It has to have been right because on the CC site this is what I see:

User uploaded file

Anyone, Please Help.

Windows 7

Posted on May 9, 2012 1:05 PM

4 replies

May 9, 2012 1:15 PM in response to TmanTM

I didn't think that the iTunes Store would accept prepaid cards since there is usually no billing address attached to them. You'll probably need to put in a normal credit card or a prepaid iTunes card. But if the AMEX card does have a billing address, take a look here:

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1646

If that doesn't help, go here:

http://www.apple.com/support/itunes/contact/

and follow the instructions to report the issue to the iTunes Store.

Regards.

May 9, 2012 1:20 PM in response to TmanTM

Nobody here can help you with your billing problem, you need to use the report a problem links and talk to iTunes Store support. .99c is not the same a $1 so perhaps more than one transaction is in play, one of which hasn't completed.

The $1 might have been a holding charge placed at the start of the transaction to make sure that your card is active, which would then normally have been released. Perhaps there was a problem releasing the request. In such cases the funds often pop back into your account after a few days. Typically the store gathers multiple transactions into one at the end of the day. If the balance on your card was less than $1.99 before you started then iTunes would have been unable to claim their 99c later on.

tt2

May 10, 2012 1:17 PM in response to turingtest2

To tell the truth, I know how to avoid this problem. But it is a pain and I want to see if anyone knows how to actually fix it. I do not try iTunes support because A: Half the time it does not work or B: They don't solve nothin'. In order to advert this problem you must use up a iTunes gift card, which means going out and buying one. Unfortunatly for me, I am too **** lazy and this happens to me a lot. Due to the fact that a lot of people give me prepaid CC and I love my music. I just wanted to see if there is a easier way to solve this, for the sake of my music and my wallet.

iTunes says I did not pay up...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.