Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Get photos off old ipod

My old computer is gone. The photos from that computer were synced to my old, click wheel ipod, 80GB. I have the ipod. The ipod does appear in itunes, but the photo option on the left does not appear. The only option I have in itunes in to synce photos from my computer to my ipod. I don't want to do that! I want to get the photos off of my ipod and safely on my new computer.

Another thread said to try image capture, but that didn't work. Maybe ipod is too old?

Any ideas?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on May 9, 2012 2:15 PM

1 reply

May 9, 2012 2:53 PM in response to jsharrow

Syncing photos is only one way, from your PC to your iPod. If you need to copy photos from your iPod back to your PC, you'll need the assistance of some third party software. Also keep in mind that these photos are no longer in their full resolution, but instead are scaled down thumbnail versions optimized for viewing on your iPod's small screen.

Here is one option.

http://www.macroplant.com/phonetopc/

B-rock

Get photos off old ipod

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.