Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After updating to 5.1.1 it keeps saying no sim and can't find my Optus sim card

I just updated my iPhone 4 to the 5.1.1 and now it keeps saying no sim. I have taken the sim card out and put it back in it didn't work and I reset my network it didn't work. It just can't find my Optus sim card

iPhone 4, iOS 5.1

Posted on May 9, 2012 2:02 PM

10 replies

May 10, 2012 10:29 PM in response to Shazz.t

I had this issue. The only fix was to get a new sim (for $25 from Optus - thanks Optus). Worryingly, the no sim message reappeared briefly last night, but disappeared after power on/off

Probably not a coincidence - my iPad 3g microsim (also from Optus) has stopped working too after the upgrade. It did work initially, but now give a "No cellular data" message. Optus can't find a problem with it. So it looks like I need to replace that too.

May 22, 2012 5:02 AM in response to Shazz.t

I have had exactly the same problem! I just updated my Iphone 4 with the most recent software (like it kept wanting me too) and once I did that and detached it from my computer it now says No SIM, I have removed the Sim card, turned it on and off, tried airplane mode (all numerous times) and nothing is working!

Please help!! I am so frustrated because it worked completely fine before this update!

After updating to 5.1.1 it keeps saying no sim and can't find my Optus sim card

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.