Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What is the difference between Apple ID and iTunes account?

I don't get the difference I made my password and email the same so why are they different?

iPad (3rd generation) Wi-Fi

Posted on May 10, 2012 12:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 10, 2012 12:42 AM

AppleID is the umbrella, for lack of a better term, that all of your Apple logins (iTunes for example) fall under. For iTunes your username and password are the same as your AppleID

13 replies

Aug 17, 2012 8:52 AM in response to rrrrosi

An alias here in the Jive software used to run these forums is a different thing. It's just a name used when posting here. Your alias in these forums may be "rrrosi", but your Apple ID is still "rosibustamante", unless you actually have two different Apple IDs. Many people don't want to have their Apple IDs public, hence the use of aliases here.

Regards.

Aug 17, 2012 8:54 AM in response to rrrrosi

An Apple ID is an ID you use to login into Apple accounts. You can more than one Apple ID (don't know how many you can have). For instance I use a different Apple ID for my iCloud account than for my other accounts such as iTunes, the App Store, and this forum. I use my Me.com email for iCloud and my regular email address for the others.

Aug 17, 2012 11:51 AM in response to Chris CA

Because I had an original MobileMe account (me.com). I also had an iTunes account. So I use the me.com email as my iCloud account so I can use it to get my me.com email. Since I already had an iTunes account, I use it for the App store. Another reason for having different iCloud and App store accounts is that my wife also has an iPhone and iPad. We can use the same App store account yet not intermingle contacts and such because we sync to different iCloud accounts.

What is the difference between Apple ID and iTunes account?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.