Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCal Server error

Hello Helpful People

I have Lion Server and Lion Macs up-to-date.

I have Network Users with MobileHome syncing on every session. Works beatifully, now. So i Thought... let's introduce the iCal Server.

The users own calendar works fine. So I configured the Group Calendar via Wiki. I shared the Group Calendar with the Users of the Group.

It works. Everybody sees their own and their group calendars.

All the problem start as soon as we try to set up events.

1. All new events are generated as all day. Why?
  2. If the new event is generated within the Group Calendar it cannot be moved to the personal one. It looks like a permissions problem. But it is allowed to move the event to one's own iCloud and then back to any Server Calendar, be it the personal or the group one.
  3. If I try to generate/modify a Group event to add attendees within the OD & Group Users i get an error. As soon as I hit 'send' a window pops up offering to either 'Go Offline' or 'Revert to server'. Upon the latter the Event is lost! Why? Even via the https Web interface the scheduling of events with attendees does not work. The page starts a sunflower clock, saying it is communicating with the server and never stops.

Any Help?

User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

Mac mini, Mac OS X (10.7.2), Mid 2011 Server

Posted on May 10, 2012 3:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 25, 2012 2:09 AM

Group (Wiki) Calendars are read only from iCal client by Design.

1 reply

iCal Server error

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.