Skip navigation

too much updates hp-printer

204 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Aug 17, 2012 1:37 PM by davidalan99 RSS
Bakkergh Calculating status...
Currently Being Moderated
May 10, 2012 3:26 AM

At least once a week I recieve an update for my HP-printer. I wonder if this is really a new update or a repeat.

How am I able to check this? Are these updates really necessary?

Goos Bakker

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.3), iMac, iPad2
  • Axelmoret Level 1 Level 1 (20 points)
    May 10, 2012 3:34 AM (in response to Bakkergh)

If you have a HP printer and it works fine with no issues, then forget about the update. They are only for recently released printers. By updating there could be a fault with the new update that may not support your particular printer and hence cause more problems than solve.

If you want to check if it applies to you click on the apple logo on the top left, then click software update, the window that comes up AFTER it has checked for updates should have a show more option where the window opens up and shows exactly what the updates include, feel free to click around and explore because there are only 2 things you can do and they are Accept and Cancel

• wjosten Level 10 Level 10 (91,440 points)
    May 10, 2012 3:43 AM (in response to Bakkergh)

Go here & delete the HPSmartX folder:

Your Hard Drive/Library/Printers/hp/Frameworks/HPSmartX.framework

Then run software update.

• davidalan99 Calculating status...
    Aug 17, 2012 1:37 PM (in response to wjosten)

Thanks, it solved my problem with my HP 8600 as well.  Now if I can only empty the trash.

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.