Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

too much updates hp-printer

At least once a week I recieve an update for my HP-printer. I wonder if this is really a new update or a repeat.

How am I able to check this? Are these updates really necessary?

Goos Bakker

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.3), iMac, iPad2

Posted on May 10, 2012 3:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 10, 2012 3:34 AM

If you have a HP printer and it works fine with no issues, then forget about the update. They are only for recently released printers. By updating there could be a fault with the new update that may not support your particular printer and hence cause more problems than solve.

If you want to check if it applies to you click on the apple logo on the top left, then click software update, the window that comes up AFTER it has checked for updates should have a show more option where the window opens up and shows exactly what the updates include, feel free to click around and explore because there are only 2 things you can do and they are Accept and Cancel 🙂

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 10, 2012 3:34 AM in response to Bakkergh

If you have a HP printer and it works fine with no issues, then forget about the update. They are only for recently released printers. By updating there could be a fault with the new update that may not support your particular printer and hence cause more problems than solve.

If you want to check if it applies to you click on the apple logo on the top left, then click software update, the window that comes up AFTER it has checked for updates should have a show more option where the window opens up and shows exactly what the updates include, feel free to click around and explore because there are only 2 things you can do and they are Accept and Cancel 🙂

too much updates hp-printer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.