Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't create a new list in Reminders app

I am new to using an iPad and its bundled apps so maybe it is something I am doing wrong but I can not create a new list in the reminders app.

I have read the user guide and searched online and everything I find says the same thing: Tap "List" then tap "Edit"

I do this and nothing happens, there is no button/link to create a new list, only the Edit button reads "Done"

Is there a fault in teh app or is there something else I need to do that the dcumentation is not telling me?

I have an iPad 3 running iOS 5.1.1, I don't know the version of Reminders I am running as it is not listed in Settings.

Any assistance or pointers on this would be great as I am a bit of a list fanatic and would like to move the lists I have on my Nokia E72 onto my iPad!

iPad, iOS 5.1, Reminders not working as expected

Posted on May 10, 2012 7:16 AM

30 replies

May 10, 2012 7:43 AM in response to nu-user

That's strange. So your list doesn't look like this after you hit the Edit button? (Though on the iPad of course)

User uploaded file

Have you tried re-booting the device? Also try completely quitting the Reminders App (hit the home button to go back to the home screen, double click the home button again to bring up the multi-tasking tray, then tap and hold on the Reminders icon in that try until it starts to wiggle, then tap the red minus in the upper left corner of that app, then it is completely quit)

May 10, 2012 7:43 AM in response to nu-user

Try resetting your iPad: Simultaneously hold the Home and On buttons until it shuts off. This should take about ten seconds or so. Ignore the off slider should it appear. After shut down is complete, use the On button to restart it.

If that doesn't help, post back. I don't see any settings associated with the list apps, but will poke around a little more. It's not something I use often.

May 10, 2012 7:51 AM in response to nu-user

A wipe and reinstall would but a reset is just turning the device completely off. When you just hit the sleep/wake button to turn the screen off all you are really doing is putting the iPad to sleep. Resetting (or re-booting) the device just completely shuts it down and restarts it. No harm done to any of your data. Follow James Ward's directions for doing that.

May 10, 2012 8:02 AM in response to AppleGeek1990

Perhaps there is. I have my date and time set to London and region format to United Kingdom but when I access the app store on my iPad and in iTunes it goes to the Chinese store (I live in China but have always specified I want my iPad to be set up for the UK so I can access apps and pay for them in GBP).

In addition, when I have Set Automatically turned on in Date & Time it defaults to Moscow, even though I live in Shanghai (get around this by turning it off so it wasn't so much of an issue for me).

May 10, 2012 8:07 AM in response to nu-user

Can you take a picture of your screen after you hit the Edit button and then upload it here so we can see what you're seeing? To take a screenshot on the iPad, click the sleep/wake button and the home button at the same time. You'll see the screen flash to confirm the screenshot. The picture will then show up in your camera roll on the iPad. You can then transfer it to your computer to upload it to here.

I can't create a new list in Reminders app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.