Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help w/License Transfer

Hello,

I have aperture 3 running happily on my iMac,and it was also running fine on my work MacBook Pro.

Yesterday my companies IT replaced my MBP with a new one (running Lion), but I didn't remove aperture from the old one.

Now when I try to install Aperture 3 (using the provided license plus the license # of Aperture 2 from which I upgraded) -- I get the invalid license error as soon as I type in the Aperture 2 license.

Do I need to somehow disassociate my old MacBookPro with the license, or what? My IT department has since wiped that laptop and put Lion on it for somebody else.

Please advise.

Thanks.

Posted on May 10, 2012 8:02 AM

2 replies

May 10, 2012 10:27 AM in response to cdye

No there is no 'unlicense' with Apple software. I assume you are installing from DVD and that this is an upgrade DVD (from 2 to 3)?

Most times this turns out to be input error see Troubleshooting Professional Application Serial Numbers for common missteps here.

If that doesn't help then you will have to get a new serial number for that see Pro Application Replacement Serial Numbers

Good luck

Help w/License Transfer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.