Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

updated to Lion Ox

I copied an IPhoto libray (as one file), most of the pictures are shown correctly but some folders are there but pictures are not shown at the screen but instead I see a black background and the small horizontal bar with the pictures, why some pics can't being seen?

Thanks,

Eduardo

MacBook Pro, iOS 5.1

Posted on May 10, 2012 8:36 AM

5 replies

May 10, 2012 8:45 AM in response to Echavez15

There are 9 different versions of iPhoto and they run on seven different versions of the Operating System. The tricks and tips for dealing with issues vary from version to version and OS to OS. So before anyone can help, they need information to work with. Basic stuff:

- What version of iPhoto.

- What version of the Operating System.

- Details. What were you doing when the problem arose?

- Did it ever work properly?

- Are there error messages?

- What steps have you tried already to solve the issue.

Anything else you can think of that might allow someone else to understand your issue.

With this kind of information somebody can develop a starting point for troubleshooting the issue.

Posts that consist of "iPhoto doesn't work. Help" or "iPhoto won't print" or "Suddenly I have no photos!!!!!!!!!!" mean that any helper is simply guessing. More information means you get better assistance.

May 10, 2012 8:59 AM in response to Yer_Man

Thank you very much, this is my first time getting in this forum I am sorry to missed important info in my first post, ok I used to have Mac with Snow Leopard in that computer I had 30 GB of pictures (a lot) since I was in a hurry when I sold it I copy the whole IPhoto library as a single file, then I bought a new Mac Book pro with Lion OX, I copied the IPhoto Library into the new Library, most of my files are in order, with names and photos but few files are there but they look like "gosth", when I open a folder I can't see the picture in full screen just in the horizontal bar in botton of Iphoto.

I haven't tried too much, I've tried to export the file but when is about to finish it just stops working, I was trying to export it individually and exported back but did not work.

the version I have is Iphoto 11' version 9.2.3

The system is Mac OS X version 10.7.3

Thank you and I am sorry if I am missing any important detail again

May 10, 2012 10:20 AM in response to Echavez15

That explains why iphoto can't show you the photo - it can't find it.

Surefire solution: Restore from your back up.

Other than that:

Try download iPhoto Library Manager and use its rebuild function. This will create a new library based on data in the albumdata.xml file. Not everything will be brought over - no slideshows, books or calendars, for instance - but it should get all your albums and keywords back.

Because this process creates an entirely new library and leaves your old one untouched, it is non-destructive, and if you're not happy with the results you can simply return to your old one.

updated to Lion Ox

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.