Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I own an old PowerBook G3 that turns o only on battery. And, even so, always resets time and date. Whenever I connect the power cable, it turns off.

I own an old PowerBook G3 that turns o only on battery. And, even so, always resets time and date. Whenever I connect the power cable, it turns off. In addition, I a interested in refurbishing my old G3. And, a lesser old G4 LCD that shows a yellow vertical hair-width stripe.

Thank you in advance.

iBook, Mac OS X (10.3.x)

Posted on May 10, 2012 9:11 AM

2 replies

May 10, 2012 6:03 PM in response to joaquim pedro

What model PowerBook? The internal PRAM battery has discharged and is not recharging. You'll need to replace the battery. This site has instructions. http://www.ifixit.com/Browse/PowerBook

The PRAM battery is not easy to change on some PB G3 models. I changed the battery on a Wallstreet model. Had to totally disassemble to do it. Bought the replacement battery on eBay.

 Cheers, Tom 😉

I own an old PowerBook G3 that turns o only on battery. And, even so, always resets time and date. Whenever I connect the power cable, it turns off.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.