Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Digital AV adapter + extender cable?

Hi,

I have the Apple Digital AV adapter to connect my 4S to the TV via HDMI. It's ok for watching videos or anything not needing input. I'd really like to use it for mirroring games onto the TV but the cable is so short, the adapter gets in the way and is always falling out and it can't be good for the iPhone or the AV adapter. I hoped I might be able to use dock connector extender cable and have tried three so far, all of which say they carry, video, data and charge (17 core) but none have worked so far. Is what I want to do impossible or is there a cable out there which will do the job? Do Apple make such a cable?

Hoping someone out there has done this and can point me to a solution 🙂

Regards, Jeff.

Posted on May 10, 2012 12:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 10, 2012 10:48 PM

You'll probably want the AppleTV, since it does mirroring up to 30ft away. I don't believe Apple makes such a cable. Griffin cables are usually good but I can't say it would work 100%

3 replies

May 12, 2012 4:58 AM in response to xtremecarbon

You are correct, I do want the AppleTV 🙂, desparately, but persuading the wife will not be easy. I was afraid you were going to give the answer you did, there must be more going on in the AV adapter than a simple pass-thru cable can provide.

I have heard that there is noticable delay when playing games wirelessly on the AppleTV, that would be a deal breaker if so. Anyone comment on delays in gaming?

Regards, Jeff.

Digital AV adapter + extender cable?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.