Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Creating looping DVD: no theme, no menu?

I want to burn a DVD without a theme in iMovie 08. According to iMovie08 help, I can do this by selecting "Loop" from the Advanced drop down menu, and the DVD will start automatically and keep playing until it stops Fine. That's what I want for one particular purpose.

Except that when I drag the video I want to burn into the Drop Zone, the Revolution theme (with horrid accompanying music) is in the Drop Zone too and I can't get rid of it.

In fact, when I select the video then Burn, it burns the Revolution theme thingy and ONLY that. If that's a menu, I don't want a menu either.

I want the DVD to start automatically and keep looping: NO THEME, NO MENU. (Sorry for shouting but it makes me nuts.) Was this fixed by iMovie 11? If not, IS it going to be fixed?

Can Apple give those of us who can't afford Final Cut Pro a "No theme" option, please? In fact, make No Theme a Theme!

And if i have to see that Revolution and hear that music one more time, I'm buying third-party DVD authoring software.

Mac Mini 1.83ghz, Mac OS X (10.6.8), Great for a while.

Posted on May 10, 2012 6:05 PM

2 replies

May 11, 2012 1:27 AM in response to Jane Garcia

Hi

from. Mishmunken

How to create a DVD in iDVD6 without menu (there are several options)

1. Easy. Drop your iMovie in the auto-play box in iDVD's Map View, then set your auto-play item (your movie) to loop continuously.

Disadvantage. The DVD plays until you hit stop on the remote

2. Still easy. If you don't want your (auto-play) movie to loop, you can create a black theme by replacing the background of a static theme with a black background and no content in the drop-zone (text needs to be black as well).

Disadvantage. The menu is still there and will play after the movie. You don't see it, but your disc keeps spinning in the player.

3. Still quite easy but takes more time. Export the iMovie to DV tape, and then re-import using One-Step DVD.

Disadvantage. One-Step DVD creation has been known to be not 100% reliable.

4. (My preferred method) Easy enough but needs 3rd party software. Toast lets you burn your iMovie to DVD without menu - just drag the iMovie project to the Toast Window and click burn.

Disadvantage. you'll need to spend some extra $$ for the software. In Toast, you just drop the iMovie project on the Window and click Burn.

5. The "hard way". Post-production with myDVDedit (free-ware)

Tools necessary. myDVDedit ( www.mydvdedit.com )

• create a disc image of your iDVD project, then double-click to mount it.

• Extract the VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS folders to a location of your choice. select the VIDEO_TS folder and hit Cmd + I to open the Inspector window

• Set permissions to "read & write" and include all enclosed items; Ignore the warning.

• Open the VIDEO_TS folder with myDVDedit. You'll find all items enclosed in your DVD in the left hand panel.

• Select the menu (usually named VTS Menu) and delete it

• Choose from the menu File > Test with DVD Player to see if your DVD behaves as planned. If it works save and close myDVDedit.

• Before burning the folders to Video DVD, set permissions back to "read only", then create a disc image burnable with Disc Utility from a VIDEO_TS folder using Laine D. Lee's DVD Imager.

//lonestar.utsa.edu/llee/applescript/dvdimager.html

hope this helps!

From LynnLU USA

www.mediasoftmac.com/dvd-creator-articles/convert-mov-video-to-dvd-on-mac.html#1 29

Yours Bengt W

May 11, 2012 12:39 PM in response to Jane Garcia

After you add the slideshow from iMovie to iDVD and set it to loop go into the Map mode

User uploaded file

and drag the slideshow intoi the auto-play bin at the left. That will create a video DVD that will begin playing your slideshow immediately once the disk is inserted into a DVD player and will continue to play until it is stopped and ejected.

User uploaded file

If the movie is stopped it will fall back into a menu, there's no getting around it. But you can use a very simple theme, add a blank, black image file as the background and change the play button text to black so nothing displays if the movie is stopped rather than the disk ejected.

OT

Creating looping DVD: no theme, no menu?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.