Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to change the drive being imported from?

My MBP without any external drives attached when trying to import shows "(old) MBP" while the box is "new MBP."

The OS and Aperture Library on the new MBP work fine and see the proper drive for Libraries, but "Import" references only the old MBP and i cannot seem to navigate to the proper (internal) drive to import from. There is only the one internal drive and no external drives are attached.

This has to do only with navigating to the proper drive to import from. All other Aperture functions work fine up to trying to import.

Thoughts?

TIA

-Allen

Posted on May 10, 2012 5:18 PM

7 replies

May 11, 2012 1:03 PM in response to SierraDragon

As Léonie suggested moving out the preference file is a good place start. Might as well throw in a library and permission repair just to get that all out of the way.

I'm still a bit unclear on just what is going on. The screen shot you posted shows the Desktop folder selected and folders and files presumably in it. Are you saying that's not the case?

What if you click on the Macintosh HD link in the top section, what does that expand to?

One other thing that is odd is the Synchronizing and gear above the folder display. Does that ever go away? Does it happen if you select other folders?

When did you bring up the new MBP? Has this been going on since then? How did you migrate from the old to the new?

May 11, 2012 4:56 PM in response to Frank Caggiano

Frank Caggiano wrote:

I'm still a bit unclear on just what is going on. The screen shot you posted shows the Desktop folder selected and folders and files presumably in it. Are you saying that's not the case?

Yes. That is a desktop from a different MBP, not in use, not connected, bluetooth off.

What if you click on the Macintosh HD link in the top section, what does that expand to?

Nothing.

One other thing that is odd is the Synchronizing and gear above the folder display. Does that ever go away?

No.

Does it happen if you select other folders?

I can only select what you see. I will be at that box later and experiments some more.

When did you bring up the new MBP? Has this been going on since then? How did you migrate from the old to the new?

No the MBP is a year old and I do not migrate, I start with fresh installs and copy-in data files. It has been normal for a year.

(A) BT was on and the other box was nearby a week ago and (B) Apple warranty service remove all power right before I observed this.

I will dump prefs later, that is a logical first step.

Thanks all.

-Allen

How to change the drive being imported from?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.