Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a 5th generation ipod nano and it says"ok to disconnect" I tried restoring it and it turns off and on. But when it turns on is says to restore with itunes. As soon as I connect the ipod to my computer it says"ok to connect"(again).

I have a 5th generation ipod nano and it says"ok to disconnect" I tried restoring it and it turns off and on. But when it turns on is says to restore with itunes. As soon as I connect the ipod to my computer it says"ok to connect"(again). My ipod doesn't even appear on the hardrive of my computer and neither in itunes. What should I do?

iPod nano, Ipod nano 5th gen problems

Posted on May 10, 2012 7:05 PM

3 replies

May 11, 2012 5:54 AM in response to LftdRsrchGrp760

Try manually connecting the device to your PC in Disk Mode and then restoring it iTunes.

From http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1363

Putting iPod devices with a Click Wheel into Disk Mode

1. If necessary, verify that your iPod has a Click Wheel.
  2. Before placing the iPod into Disk Mode, verify that it is charged.
  3. Toggle the Hold switch on and off (set it to Hold, then turn it off again.)
  4. Press and hold the Menu and Select buttons for at least six seconds, until the Apple logo appears.
  5. When the Apple logo appears, release the Menu and Select buttons and immediately press and hold the Select and the Play/Pause buttons until the Disk Mode screen appears.
    User uploaded file
  6. Connect the iPod to your computer; the screen on the iPod will should say "Do not disconnect".

If you are having difficulty putting your iPod into Disk Mode, set it on a flat surface. Make sure that the finger pressing the Select button is not touching the Click Wheel. Also make sure that you are pressing the Play/Pause button toward the outside of the Click Wheel and not near the center. If you are still unable to put your iPod into Disk Mode, use one finger from one hand to press the Select button, and one finger from the other hand to press the Play/Pause button.

B-rock

I have a 5th generation ipod nano and it says"ok to disconnect" I tried restoring it and it turns off and on. But when it turns on is says to restore with itunes. As soon as I connect the ipod to my computer it says"ok to connect"(again).

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.