Dry it in rice longer, like five more days and change the rice daily.
The try a restore to factory defaults. If it works then OK, if not then the iPod requires service/parts replacement.
Apple will exchange it for this price:
A third-party place like the following may be less expensive
FIx it yourself. Howevery, yu really do not know what parts require replacement.
varjak paw wrote:
I missed the "diet" part, but there is a lot of other stuff that will leave a residue and quite possibly short out the circuitry, as well as the corrosion from the acid. Again, it's very unlikely that any amount of drying is going to help.
I agree. In a former life in the US Navy I was a Miniature/ Micro-Miniature Electronics Repair Inspector/Instructor. I also have a pretty good background in chemistry, and I can state unequivocally that ALL carbonated drinks have some amount of carbonic acid in them. Carbonic acid is formed when carbon dioxide combines with water. A natural example of this can be seen in places like Lurray Caverns. As rain falls through our atmosphere, carbon dioxide is entrained in the drops, forming a weak solution of carbonic acid. As the rain water percolates through the ground it dissolves minerals and carries them away... And when that mineral laced water drips through the ceiling of an underground cavern we get stalactites and stalagmites....
The bottom line is, your iPod is toast. The display must be replaced, and acid has had plenty of time to do its dirty work....