Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes store Canadian vs US.

Hello, I was looking up an artist, his album was only available in the US iTunes store, and not in the Canadian store for some reason.

Do I have to get a separate iTunes account just to access some music that is only available in the US iTunes store, or what do I do? Do I just wait until the album is available in the Canadian store, and when would that be? The artist is Wayde Hayes. His album was "Old enough to know better". Get this album into the Canadian iTunes store, thank you.

Posted on May 11, 2012 10:56 AM

2 replies

May 11, 2012 11:26 AM in response to SmartGuy85

The iTunes Store can only sell what it can license in any given country, and you cannot use another country's iTunes Store; the content owners will not allow cross-border sales. You'll just have to wait until such time as the album is available in the Canadian iTunes Store, if that ever happens, or buy from some other source.

Get this album into the Canadian iTunes store, thank you.

We're just fellow users here and can do nothing about the situation. Only the owners of the rights for Canada can. You're welcome. 🙂

Regards.

May 5, 2015 1:01 AM in response to varjak paw

That is the question though. Why is that album not available on iTunes Canada? "Old Enough To Know Better" is his first album and it is on Columbia. His second album, "On A Good Night" is also on Columbia and is available on iTunes Canada. It makes no sense and is really frustrating. It is hard to imagine anyone involved; the label or the artist saying "Nope, we don't want that on iTunes Canada." And where else can you buy digital music in Canada except eMusic and it's not available there either.

iTunes store Canadian vs US.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.