Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone random coin, breaking-glass noise sound

On several occassions, I've heard my iPhone 4S - while locked and set down flat -- make a sound that is similar to coins rattling or a piece of glass breaking. I checked all my alert sounds and no sound like that is even an option. When I pick up the phone and unlock it after, everything is fine and there's no message displaying. Any ideas or info on this?

iPhone 4S, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on May 11, 2012 11:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 1, 2012 11:18 AM

I actually just had another instance and continue to try to figure out what it is.

Since it's a noise and a vibrate (mine does both too), I'm focused on it being a notification of some sort, so I looked to see what Apps had any notifications when it happened. I saw one prime suspect - Bejewel Blitz. I checked my noticiations setting for Blitz and badges and sounds were turned on. I turned off the sounds. I hope that's it; too early to tell, though. Do you also have BeJeweled Blitz on your phone?

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 1, 2012 11:18 AM in response to MJonesy

I actually just had another instance and continue to try to figure out what it is.

Since it's a noise and a vibrate (mine does both too), I'm focused on it being a notification of some sort, so I looked to see what Apps had any notifications when it happened. I saw one prime suspect - Bejewel Blitz. I checked my noticiations setting for Blitz and badges and sounds were turned on. I turned off the sounds. I hope that's it; too early to tell, though. Do you also have BeJeweled Blitz on your phone?

iPhone random coin, breaking-glass noise sound

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.