Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My contacts match perfectly from my iPhone to my MacBook Pro but only a fraction of the contacts are on the iCloud application/location. Can someone please help me out?

My contacts match perfectly from my iPhone to my MacBook Pro but only a fraction of the contacts are on the iCloud application/location. Can someone please help me out?

Posted on May 11, 2012 1:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 12, 2012 3:28 AM

First check that all your settings are correct, that contact syncing is checked on all devices (system preferences > iCloud on a mac and settings > iCloud on a iPhone, iPad or iPod).

Make sure the contacts you are adding are added to your 'iCloud' group and not an 'On My Mac', 'On My Phone' or other non iCloud group (you can do this by checking in groups), non iCloud contacts will not sync.

If you are sure that everything is set up correctly and your contacts are in the iCloud group, you might try unchecking contact syncing in the iCloud settings, restarting your device and then re-enabling contact syncing.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 12, 2012 3:28 AM in response to gregory127

First check that all your settings are correct, that contact syncing is checked on all devices (system preferences > iCloud on a mac and settings > iCloud on a iPhone, iPad or iPod).

Make sure the contacts you are adding are added to your 'iCloud' group and not an 'On My Mac', 'On My Phone' or other non iCloud group (you can do this by checking in groups), non iCloud contacts will not sync.

If you are sure that everything is set up correctly and your contacts are in the iCloud group, you might try unchecking contact syncing in the iCloud settings, restarting your device and then re-enabling contact syncing.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.