Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I edit my custom template? I can find it in library/application support etc and change what I want but I can't place it back in that location.

When I chose my custom template in library/application support/iwork/pages/templates/my templates I can edit it no problem but I cannot replace old template with the correced one. What am I doing wrong?

Posted on May 11, 2012 5:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 11, 2012 7:29 PM

Hi charx,

Open a new document based on your template, using the Template Chooser.

Edit that document to the form you want for the template.

Save the document as a Template, using a different name if you want to keep the previous version, or the same name if you want to replace it. Using the same name, you will get an alert message asking if you want to replace the existing template.

Regards,

Barry

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 11, 2012 7:29 PM in response to charx

Hi charx,

Open a new document based on your template, using the Template Chooser.

Edit that document to the form you want for the template.

Save the document as a Template, using a different name if you want to keep the previous version, or the same name if you want to replace it. Using the same name, you will get an alert message asking if you want to replace the existing template.

Regards,

Barry

How do I edit my custom template? I can find it in library/application support etc and change what I want but I can't place it back in that location.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.