Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Saving docs from Pages to DropBox

Hi,

Need advice. DropBox allowed me to import a doc to Pages on iPad (actually offered the option), but I see no way to save it back to DropBox. Anyone have any suggestions? Help appreciated.

daminer

iPad, iOS 5.1, Lenovo T500 laptop

Posted on May 11, 2012 6:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 11, 2012 9:55 PM

No direct method available yet. With any luck Apple & Dropbox will learn to play nice, but until then the easiest way is:

1. email your Pages doc to your self the in Mail

2. tap and HOLD the attachment until you get the Open in... Menu and

3. select Dropbox.

It takes a few extra seconds, but gets the job done.

12 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 11, 2012 9:55 PM in response to daminer

No direct method available yet. With any luck Apple & Dropbox will learn to play nice, but until then the easiest way is:

1. email your Pages doc to your self the in Mail

2. tap and HOLD the attachment until you get the Open in... Menu and

3. select Dropbox.

It takes a few extra seconds, but gets the job done.

Sep 22, 2012 11:12 AM in response to daminer

This is anohter absolute apple disaster forcing people to use their apps. What good is this eight hundred dollar ipad if you cant actually do anyting with it?

NO i have been looking for over a year to keep my files up to date while I am a student and I am about litterally ready to this my ipad in the trash and use a pad of paper and pen.

thanks apple. Never going to buy your products again. EVER..

Oct 28, 2012 11:48 AM in response to MikeTX

Maybe this is late, and you already solved your problem.

I am a student as well, and the app I use every single day is iAnnotate (the best spent $10 ever - if my ipad could manage only 1 app, this one would be enough for me to say that the ipad was worth $500). The blackboard version we use in school does not allow me to download stuff directly in my iPad (even though I can see them), so I use my laptop to download anything and everything and save it on my Dropbox account. iAnnotate gets everything from dropbox. Slides and textbooks I save them in PDF format. (If you want a good torrent site to download books write me back.)

All my pages documents actually sync via iCloud, and I do my typing from the ipad (with a Zagg Flex bluetooth keyboard) or from my laptop at home.

Does it suck that pages can not save directly to dropbox? No doubt about it, but getting so upset about to the fact that the ipad is not a good companion is because you haven't mastered the tools.

If you really want to use your dropbox account for word documents, then quickoffice pro HD is definitely what you need (office suit that syncs with dropbox and other for $15).

I have the 3 apps, but I chose to go the "hard way" and use pages because when I change applications the formatting slightly changes, and don't feel like fixing it all the time. I don't have office in my mac, but I would guess that the formatting between office and quickoffice will work, but don't really know.

But trust me on iAnnotate.

Feb 5, 2013 4:05 PM in response to FastBikeGear

Pages 1.6.1 for iOS did not have this option. Update Pages for iOS (vers. 1.7.1 at present) and you'll see the options spoken about here for Dropbox IF YOU'VE OPENED the app at least once. You also may have to scroll the little app window, and since Apple doesn't inclue scroll bars anymore, it's kind of hard to tell that you need to do that.

Saving docs from Pages to DropBox

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.