Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After upgrading from SL to Lion, temperature went up? please help!

Just upgraded my macbook pro from Snow leopard 10.6.8 to Lion 10.7.2, after upgrading I instantly installed the software updates and now my version is 10.7.4. However the i noticed the computer was getting hot fast and im sure its not a problem with the indexing and spotlight because that finished hours ago. Please help, do not want to melt my computer down. Before on snow leopard istat detects my temperature as 30 degrees celcius to 40 when im just surfing on firefox, now on lion istat shows 60-70 when only firefox is open and 50+ when nothing is open.

PLEASE HELP ME

Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on May 11, 2012 11:33 PM

5 replies

May 12, 2012 2:36 AM in response to whgan2431

You have something called 'CasperSuite' in your login items?

If you don't use it, remove it. That should take care of the 'jamf' problem on bootup.

My MBP is currently at 64C, I'm not running much, just mail and safari. I really don't think you've got anything to worry about at 50C. If your temp starts climbing to 70C and the fans are noisy, then you need to start looking at what's going on.

EDIT: This might also settle you mind a bit:

http://gigaom.com/apple/is-your-mac-running-hot-with-lion-heres-why/

After upgrading from SL to Lion, temperature went up? please help!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.