Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does anyone know how much it would cost to get my Macbook lid replaced?

A while back, I made a mistake in putting Sharpie and super glue on the lid of my macbook, around the apple. Basically, I was trying to make my own decal. It was stupid, I know. No need to tell me.

I've removed most of the 'decal', but it left behind some glue/Sharpie black spots that I can't seem to get off. I've tried baby oil, Mayo, etc. Everything that doesn't have the potentiality to dissolve plastic. I don't want to risk Goof-Off or Goo-Be-Gone, and mess up the plastic even more.

So, does anyone know how much it is to get the front replaced? I'm not under warranty, I've had this little trooper for 4 years now. So, just, a flat out, basic cost. I've read that it's easy to replace just the lid (the part surrounding the apple). There's nothing wrong with the LCD, etc.

P.S.

Miraculously, if someone has a similar problem and found a way to remove the glue, feel free to share.

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.5.8), 13 inch.

Posted on May 11, 2012 11:22 PM

There are no replies.

Does anyone know how much it would cost to get my Macbook lid replaced?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.